DCCconcepts are very aware of the importance of security, and we treat all data related to our clients with the greatest respect.
This policy document sets out what we do with your information and how we secure it.
It also explains where and how we collect your personal information and what rights you have over any information that we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you use our products or services in store, over the phone, online, at a show or event, or if you use any of our websites or interact with our social media accounts.
Our web address is www.dccconcepts.com and our general email address is email@example.com
In order to afford you maximum protection and leave as little opportunity for compromise as possible, our entire website secured within an https:// environment, not just the data pages.
What sort of information do we hold?
– Personal information that you provide to us such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and any enquiries or feedback from you, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
– Although we take payment details when you place an order, the card details are only ever available for the limited time required for immediate order processing. Your card details themselves are held by our payment processor and we only have access to limited details, so we may need to contact you to reconfirm payment for back orders unless you have specifically authorised us to do otherwise.
– We hold your purchase history information such as information about services or products that we have provided to you in the past, including the service(s) or product(s) provided, when and where, the amount that you paid, billing address and where the item was sent. If special arrangements are involved, we may also hold them in relation to specific transactions.
– We hold your account login details, including name, email address, and password, plus Information on how you use our website;
– Regarding our newsletters, we hold all email addresses within a fully secured independent provider website where your name and email address, and the specific preferences for which type of information that you wish to receive are recorded.
– We also hold non-user specific details of opens and clicks on these emails, to measure campaign effectiveness to improve future communications.
How do we use your information?
– The information that we collect may only be used as follows:
– To make services available to you;
– To process your orders or process related transactions;
– To take payment from you or process a refund to you;
– To verify activity or to ensure our actions are verifiable to help prevent fraud;
– To conduct non-specific statistical analysis;
– To send tailored email and advice information to those who have opted to receive it.
We have systems in place to help protect our customers and ourselves from fraud.
If false or incorrect information is provided and fraud is identified, we are obliged to pass personal information to fraud prevention agencies. This data may be accessed by law enforcement agencies. Please contact us if you want to receive details of the fraud prevention organisations that we work with.
Who might we share your information with?
– Our service providers – We work with various other organisations in order to process transactions and orders, and answer enquiries. We only share relevant information with them for them. For example, only delivery address, phone number, and email address is provided to logistics partners to help them deliver your order accurately;
– Other organisations or individuals – We will only provide your personal details to outside organisations or individuals if we are required to do so by law, or if we need to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services, or in response to requests seeking to protect the legal rights of themselves or others;
– Sending you information about our products and services – If elect to receive our email newsletters your name, email address, and information preferences are provided to the organisation that processes them for us. You can, at any time, amend your preferences or unsubscribe by clicking the relevant link on the email, or by contacting us directly.
International transfers of your personal information
Your rights as a client:
Accessing or correcting your personal information
By law, you can request access to any information that we hold about you.
If we agree that we are obliged to fulfil the request, we will provide it free of charge and within 30 days of receiving your request.
Because we need to ensure data security, before sending any information to you, we may ask you for further information or to provide supporting proof of your identity in order to guarantee your security and allow us to be sure to provide absolutely correct identification of you on our database.
If any of the information that we retain is incorrect or out of date you may ask us to correct it.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
Right to limit or stop us using your data
You have the right to request that we stop processing or delete your personal information if you do not want us to use it any more, providing that this does not conflict with data retention regulations.
You are invited to contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
How long can we keep your information?
We retain your personal information for as long as required in order to provide you with high quality service whenever you contact us regarding our goods or services.
Your information will be held in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations and will not be held longer than necessary.
When you interact with our social media accounts (e.g. liking or sharing posts, leaving reviews) please note that your information may be visible to the providers of the social media account, as well as other users. It is your responsibility to ensure your privacy settings are set to a secure level that you are comfortable with. We encourage you to review your social media settings regularly.
DCCconcepts has various security measures in place to make sure that your data is protected.
– Access to the non-public areas of our building is restricted to allow only those who are meant to be there. All visitors are supervised. There is no data access in public areas.
– Computers in the public areas of our building are password protected.
– NO sensitive personal data is held in unsecured files on any computer within DCCconcepts.
– All staff are required to sign secrecy agreements restricting data communication.
– All access to information technology related to personal details is secured behind HTTPS:// structures and our office interfaces are protected by multiple firewalls.
– We will never ask you for any personal information that is not required to allow us to carry out the specific service requested or required by you.
If you would like to exercise one of the rights above, or have a question or complaint about this policy, please contact us by one of the methods below.
By email – firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post – Data Protection Officer, DCCconcepts Ltd., Unit E, The Sidings Industrial Estate, Settle, North Yorkshire BD24 9RP
In order to help us with development and evolution of the site, we collect certain types of information about the way in which the site is used.
This information is collected by using cookies. A cookie is a small text file – not a program – that is used to store information, and which can then be used to
analyse traffic patterns, visitor behaviour and compile aggregated data which we can analyse in order to improve provision of our services to you.
Session Cookies are used for the following:
– Passing data between different parts of the site
– Maintaining your recently viewed list
– Search history
– Tracking the items in your shopping basket
The only exceptions to the above are the Persistent Cookies (cookies that stay on your computer). These are used for the following purposes only:
– Maintaining your shopping basket between visits
– For analysis. To show if you have visited the site before and the time you spent on the site
Cookies are NOT used to store sensitive details. They are only there to enhance your website visit. Most of the cookies that are generated by the site are set by us (DCCconcepts Ltd.) The only exceptions to this may be Google Analytic/ or Ad-words cookies which exist to gather information about your visit(s), these are Third Party cookies generated by Google on our behalf.